NOTE FROM TIMOTHY CARDINAL DOLAN: Many of you have asked, “Where is the money coming from to pay off the sex abuse scandals?” And this question may lead to a concern of where your Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal and Renew +Rebuild gifts are going. This is a very reasonable concern, and one that His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, has been outspoken about. He has maintained a vigilant commitment to transparency, accountability, and action and has taken steps to never use charitable donations for victim’s compensation.
The Archdiocese has borrowed money against the land it owns under the Palace Hotel, and will repay the loan with the sale of other property over time. Therefore, none of your contributions to the Appeal or Renew and Rebuild will ever go towards the funding of any projects in light of the sex abuse scandals.
BABYSITTING NIGHT: Drop off your children for a night of PJs, pizza, and a movie! Friday, March 29, 6:30-9:00 p.m. in the Magdalene Church Hall (Ages 5-12). First child is $25.00, $10.00 each additional child. Please put your money in an envelope in the collection basket or drop off at the rectory. You may purchase tickets from the youth group members after all the masses (w/e of 3/16 and 3/23; or click on https://goo.gl/forms/BxiSfCJutLzmZ7x52. This event is sponsored by the Magdalene Youth Group. All proceeds will benefit RSHM Life Center. Limited to 30 children.
125TH ANNIVERSARY EVENTS:
- 125TH Anniversary Journal – Please consider purchasing an ad in our journal. Forms have been mailed to all parishioners and extra forms are located in the back of the church.
- 125th Anniversary Dinner will be held on Friday, June 14, 2019 at the Sleepy Hollow Country Club. Please save the date. Further information will be coming!!
- 125th Anniversary Mass will be held on Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. at the Magdalene. Celebrant will be Cardinal Timothy Dolan.
LENT: Please consider joining us for the following Lenten activities:
- Bible Study – The Second Book of Kings – Vatican II and the Word of God – in the Parish Hall at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Daily Mass at 8:00 a.m. on weekdays
- Confession every Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
- Reconciliation Monday, April 15 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Deny yourself something and/or make a decision to help those who are in need
- Stations of the Cross – Church is open every day for private devotion – booklets available on the lectern in the back of the church.
CARDINAL’S APPEAL 2019: As of 3/8/19
Goal Pledged # of Donors Donor Goal
$48,500 $20,380 57 130